- SELECT. Select content for publishing
- SET CONDITIONS. Apply conditional content variations
- TRANSFORM. Transformation of selected "content as authored" (DITA XML) into "content as rendered" (HTML or PDF).
Likely Implementation on Drupal:
- CONNECTOR PUSH TO DRUPAL. Start with a connector from an existing 3rd party product, importing HTML for publishing on Drupal (See easyDITA). In this case, selection and conditions are done from the external tool. Bypasses AUTHOR, SEARCH and TRANSLATE, so no benefit for those from Drupal.
- DRUPAL PULL FROM TOOLKIT. External authoring tool exports renderable content via the DITA OT, which is then pulled into Drupal. Bypasses AUTHOR, SEARCH and TRANSLATE, so no benefit for those from Drupal. See the comment by kagrainger for example of how a Drupal shop has done this:
- External authoring, do transforms locally,
- output to GIT,
- import from GIT using Migrate or Drupal's Version Control API module
- DRUPAL CALL TO TOOLKIT. Make calls to DITA OT from within Drupal to transform "content as authored" into "content as rendered." Code from Drupal DITA module might be useful.
Possible 3rd Party Integrations:
- Jorsek LLC. easyDITA. Offers Wordpress connector. Could offer CONNECTOR PUSH TO DRUPAL capability.